for the production of automobiles
Our team deals with the design and production of pressing tools.
Virtual technology and sophisticated computer programs are used in tool design, from sheet metal drawing simulation, tool kinematics simulation to the virtual passage of the extrusion through the pressing line. The actual production of pressing tools is preceded by the digitization of castings to optimize the machining process using modern CAD/CAM software.
Tools machined on modern CNC machines are subjected to a thorough quality and accuracy check by an optical robotic scanner.
After the pressing tool has been incorporated into the required quality of the moldings, the tool is handed over to the customer. Service is provided for the lifetime of the tool, of course.
How a press tool is made
Alternative strategies of portfolio
- pressing tools for core body parts
- body shell (sides, fenders, roofs)
- panel parts (bonnets, side doors, fifth door)
Pressing tools are designed for pressing parts from steel sheets.
Competence expansion strategy
- Development and production of tools for pressing aluminum sheets of panel parts.
- Subsequently, this technology will also be extended to parts of the body shell.
- In the long term, the development of the technology for the production of body parts from composite materials is planned.
Did you know that...
- … already in the early days of the company, Laurin and Klement made the tools needed for the production and assembly of bicycles in the factory?
- … the first pressing tools were used to produce the frames of the Škoda L&K cars after 1925?
- … the weight of one pressing tool is more than 48 tons?
- … a set of 5 to 6 pressing tools is needed to produce one molding?
- … the force on the main retainer in the press tool is up to 354 tons?
- … the total force on the ram reaches 1,373 tons?